Friday, September 4, 2009

Forever Memory Garden

As the day draws closer to September 11, the date of my mother's burial- which also was her birthday- she is very much on my mind.

Today I worked in the garden I created in her memory. This is the first time I ever planted a garden, much less in remembrance of anyone. I do not have a green thumb but amazingly the garden is thriving after three months. The planting was done with love and care. I planted cannas, begonias, portulaca, lantana,and lilies and they are all blooming.

I have such a feeling of accomplishment and pride that this garden is honoring my mother. And, best of all, I feel her presence looking down over me as I work in the garden. My Forever Memory Garden is a lovely, peaceful place where I can reflect the happy times I spent with my mother.

If you have a loved one that you have lost, I recommend planting a garden in their memory. It can be a vegetable garden or an herb garden. It can be a large or small garden. Why don't you plant a garden this fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment