Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Feathers in My Life

September 8, 2009. Today,a feather floated before me. A small, white, fluffy beautiful feather lay at my feet as I was outside getting ready to get into my car. I looked up and around to determine if a bird was in a tree nearby. I saw no bird. There was no breeze. Today, the day that marks the death of my mother three years ago, a feather comes into my world again. Why is the feather meaningful?

In 2006, two months after my mother passed away, I was outside trimming the bushes around my patio. I felt a presence around me and then a feather floated right on top of my hand. There was a slight breeze and I looked around to see if a bird was hidden in the bushes. There was no bird. And an overwhelming feeling came over me that my mother was somehow in my presence. It was as if she came to visit me to give me important messages: life continues, life is fleeting, and that she was still looking over me.

So that’s why the feather that came to me today is so important to me. My mother is still looking over me. I kissed the feather and placed it in a special ceramic piece that my mother had made in my bedroom.

1 comment:

  1. Annette,

    It feels comforting and right that a feather came to you again. Just know your mother's love for you is always with you.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete